Paired, Poured & Plated Series - Valley Ford Creamery - Event Details
Thank you for signing up for our virtual Valley Ford Creamery Virtual Tasting! You should have received your wines by this time and your cheeses (if not already received) are shipping on Monday, November 30th. Both the wines and cheeses are needed for the virtual tasting.
NOW LET'S ADDRESS THE DETAILS:
You will need the 3 wines for the event: 4 ounces per wine, per person. Note: There are six 4oz pours per bottle, so you will have plenty to share or save for later. Please follow our rule and chill the wines in the refrigerator for a minimum of an hour. The wines will have ample time to come to the perfect serving temperature.
Wine selection - one bottle of each:
- 2018 Peters Vineyard, Russian River Valley, Chardonnay
- 2017 Sonoma Coast, Pinot Noir
- 2017 Peters Vineyard, Russian River Valley, Pinot Noir
Prepare the cheeses for your tasting (about 30 minutes in advance) – these are best enjoyed at room temperature.
- Find a clear, clean area of the home with 2ft. linear table or counter space (per person) and good Wi-Fi!
- If you have enough glassware, we suggest 3 glasses per person so each wine will have its own glass - place each glass in front of each person's space in a row
- Remove the packaging from each cheese
- Using a paring knife, give the surface a light scrape; this helps remove possible off flavors from packaging (excluding Grazin Girl Blue)
- Cut a chunk off each type of cheese to enjoy during the tasting (allow enough if you have a guest or two joining you). Store the remaining cheese in your refrigerator
- Have optional crackers ready to enjoy as well – we suggest enjoying the cheese and the wine together first and then adding the crackers for a second or third tasting or to help cleanse your palate
- Open the wines and have them ready at your workspace. Do not pour them yet! We suggest having a spittoon near your tasting mat.
- Enjoy responsibly!
Allow your cheese to come to room temperature for approximately 60-90 minutes. (Note: timing depends on ambient temperature; adjust by 10-15 minutes for cooler or warmer days.)
Finally, try to minimize distractions (we know there are many during these days of quarantine) and get ready to enjoy the workshop!
Due to the delays if the delivery of the cheese kits, we are offering a second LIVE tasting opportunity. We will host these Virtual Tastings via Zoom tonight, December 3rd at 5pm PT and again tomorrow night, December 4th at 5pm PT. In addition, we will also record tonight’s tasting and will email you a copy of the recording in case you miss both tastings.
On Thursday, December 3rd, at 5pm PT, please click the link below to join the webinar:
Join Webinar or cut and paste this link to your browser: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82829762913?pwd=QmxNZytLQkh4T3VxU1pEeUQxTkFVdz09
Webinar ID: 828 2976 2913
On Friday, December 4th, at 5pm PT, please click the link below to join the webinar:
Join Webinar or cut and paste this link to your browser: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85244801784?pwd=em1LRnJSMjRENkJrbDIyd0g4WEh3dz09
Webinar ID: 852 4480 1784
Last - sit back and enjoy the wines and the cheeses! We are so pleased to welcome you!
Your Papapietro Perry Family
Questions? Email us!