Bodega Bay Wine Weekend Getaway
An extraordinary weekend awaits, join Papapietro Perry at Bodega Bay Lodge! This fun-filled weekend will feature a tasting of select library wines from the owner's cellars, a poolside Rosé luncheon, a Riedel Wine Glass Seminar (where you'll learn why the glass really does matter), an amazing 5 course Winemaker's dinner and the chance to explore the glorious Sonoma Coast. This is a weekend to mark on your calendar now.
Papapietro Perry Weekend Staycation
April 28th - May 1st, 2022
Bodega Bay Lodge | Bodega Bay, CA
We invite you to join us for this amazing three day weekend filled with spectacular views, numerous events and plenty of wine - all hosted by your Papapietro Perry family! This limited weekend package includes three nights lodging for two guests, admission to a Thursday evening Welcome Reception featuring library offerings, Friday Poolside Rosé & Lunch, a brand new Riedel Winewings Wine Glass Seminar (includes two sets of take home Riedel Winewings Wine Glasses), Saturday’s Exclusive Winemaker Dinner and breakfast for two each day. Join us for this unforgettable weekend! Package costs range from $3,400 – $4,500 depending on your choice of room. Book now, this fabulous weekend getaway will sell out!
- 4pm – 7pm: Arrival - Welcome Library Tasting/Light Appetizers - Kick off this amazing weekend with a welcome reception at the resort’s Waveside Room featuring an array of rare, back vintage wines from our library, hosted by our Winery Owner/Winemaker Ben & Yolanda Papapietro, Winery Owners Bruce & Renae Perry, and Wine Club Manager Kristen Greenberg.
- Dinner (On Your Own) - Enjoy dinner either onsite at Drake’s Sonoma Coast (reservations recommended to secure your preferred time) or venture to one of the many delicious options nearby (see “Explore the Area” options below). *Not included in package price
- Your weekend package includes 2 bottles of our award-winning Pinot Noir. These will be in your room upon arrival. Bodega Bay Lodge will waive any onsite corkage fees to enable you to enjoy these bottles on property during your stay.
- 7am – 9am: Breakfast - Each morning, enjoy an elaborate breakfast buffet overlooking the ocean.
- Noon – 2pm: Lunch & Rosé Poolside - The resort will offer a casual lunch option for our group. Meet and mingle with the Papapietro Perry team while enjoying the beautiful Bodega Bay views, the heated pool and Infinity Edge hot tub.
- 4pm – 6pm: Riedel WINEWINGS Wineglass Seminar - Learn how the wine glass really matters during this 60-minute seminar hosted by Riedel Ambassador Susan Durbrow and featuring Riedel Winewings, a striking new collection by Georg Riedel. This new Tasting Set is yours to keep and take home! Each Tasting Set includes four glasses from this new series: Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc and Chardonnay. ($280 value).
- Dinner (On Your Own) - Enjoy dinner either onsite at Drake’s Sonoma Coast (reservations recommended to secure your preferred time) or venture to one of the many delicious options nearby (see “Explore the Area” options below). *Not included in package price.
- 7am – 9am: Breakfast - Each morning, enjoy an elaborate breakfast buffet overlooking the ocean
- Open Afternoon: Enjoy hiking, kayaking, surfing, deep sea fishing or horseback riding. Bodega Bay Lodge has a wonderful spa onsite or talk to the resort concierge and pick up a picnic lunch and either walk or bike to enjoy this on the beach. Interested in a golf day? Join Renae Perry on the course! Email Kristen for more details or to book your tee time at the Links at Bodega Harbour. *Additional fees not included in package price.
- 5pm - 9pm: Winemaker Dinner - Enjoy the evening filled with delicious food and our award winning wines, hosted by Owner/Winemaker Ben Papapietro, this special five-course Winemaker Dinner is the perfect celebration to cap off the perfect weekend getaway! Each locally sourced course will be paired specifically with our wines as the chef and our team work together to craft an unforgettable food & wine experience
- 7am – 9am: Departure Breakfast - Each morning, enjoy an elaborate breakfast buffet overlooking the ocean.
With its rugged shoreline and rolling countryside, the Sonoma Coast offers a vast and striking landscape. The Bodega Bay Lodge sits atop a tranquil bluff overlooking the Pacific Ocean, bringing a rustic elegance that reflects the wild beauty of the romantic region. Within easy reach of Sonoma County’s many offerings, guests can watch fishermen ply the bay for the day’s catch, spot migrating whales in the waves, scout for rare birds in the Coastal Bird Walk—a location prized by the Audubon Society and Alfred Hitchcock—or simply stroll two miles of soft sands, hand-in-hand.
Explore The Area
Bodega Bay is an outdoor adventurer's playground. Close to Bodega Bay Lodge, enjoy one of the greatest kite flying areas in the world, go deep sea fishing, golfing on the adjacent championship golf links, explore the many nature trails and parks on foot or relax on one of the miles and miles of nearby beaches. In addition, the area offers many fine dining establishments for lunch or dinner feasting. These offerings are a la carte and not included in the package cost. Advanced reservations are highly recommended.
- Terrapin Creek | Bodega Bay | Website | 2.0 miles away
- Lucas Wharf | Bodega Bay | Website | 0.8 miles
- Rocker Oysterfellers | Valley Ford | Website | 7.1 miles Free corkage for Papapietro Perry wines during weekend event
- Dillon Beach Coastal Kitchen | Dillon Beach | Website |14.2 miles
- Nicks Cove | Marshall | Website | 17.7 miles
DINING OPTIONS – DINNER
- Spud Point Crab Company | Bodega Bay | Website | 2.6 miles away
- Fishaterian | Bodega Bay | Website | 0.8 miles
- Boat House | Bodega Bay | Website | 1.6 miles
- Gourmet Au Bay | Bodega Bay | Website | 1.7 miles
- Hog Island Oyster Farm | Website | 21.0 miles
- Marshall Store | Marshall | Website | 21.9 miles
DINING OPTIONS – LUNCH
- The Beach | Doran Beach | Website | 1 mile (can walk)
- Hiking | Bodega Head & Dunes | Website | 4.1 miles
- Golf | Links at Bodega Harbour | Website | 1.3 miles
- Kayaking | Bodega Bay Kayak Rentals | Website | 2.0 miles
- Surfing | Bodega Bay Surf Shack | Website | 1.5 miles
- Deep Sea Fishing |Several Options | Website | Varied
- Horseback Riding |Horse N Around | Website | 3.2 miles
If you have any questions or special requests, please Email Kristen or call her at 707.971.6904.
When is this event?
April 28th – May 1st, 2022
Where is this event taking place?
The Bodega Bay Lodge in Bodega Bay, California
Is there any preferred or required attire?
No. Casual is just fine. Please keep in mind the Sonoma Coast can be quite cool once the sun sets.
How many people can I bring?
Each package includes three nights lodging (double occupancy) and two admissions to the Thursday Welcome Library Tasting, Friday Rosé Lunch by the pool, Friday RIEDEL Winewings glass seminar (with two sets of Winewings glasses), Saturday Winemaker 5 course dinner, breakfast each morning and two bottles of Papapietro Perry Pinot Noir per room. All attendees must be over 21 years of age.
Do I need to make separate dining accommodations for Thursday / Friday evening dinner?
Yes. You are invited to dine at Drake’s Sonoma Coast onsite either or both nights or see the Explore the Area section above for a variety of off-site options.
Is the Bodega Bay Lodge ADA Accessible?
Yes. All hotel amenities and public spaces meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the hotel offers a variety of accessible room and suite options. View their Commitment to Accessibility for additional details.
Can I bring my pet?
Pets are not permitted in the hotel, however Bodega Bay Lodge does welcome service animals in compliance with federal and state laws.
When is check-in and check-out?
You can check-in beginning on Thursday at 4pm and check-out is on Sunday by 11:30am
What if I can’t come and I have purchased tickets?
Cancellations can be made up to two weeks prior to the event date.
Meet Your Papapietro Perry Hosts!
Joining us for this unforgettable weekend is our stellar Papapietro Perry Team!
Owner/Winemaker Ben Papapietro has been making wine for over 40 years. He started as a garagista bootlegger, making wine for family and friends in the garage of his San Francisco home. While working at the SF Chronicle, he met fellow Owner Bruce Perry, who worked alongside him to create delicious Pinot Noir and Zinfandel. Several years and multiple glasses of wine later, Bruce convinced Ben to create a wine business and boom - our award winning Papapietro Perry winery was born!
Everyone knows that behind every good man is a great woman and the winery bears this true. Introducing Owner/Distributor Relations Executive Yolanda Papapietro and Owner/CEO Renae Perry. Both women play an integral role in the winery's day to day operation. Yolanda manages all of our outside retail/restaurant sales. You'll usually see her with a smile on her face and a bottle in hand, pouring our Pinot Noir around the country at events and winemaker dinners. Renae stays local managing the winery business and our amazing tasting room. Come for a visit and you'll be sure to see Renae welcoming and chatting with guests on our beautiful patio overlooking the Dry Creek Valley.
Wine Club Manager Kristen Greenberg joined the winery almost a decade ago and is everywhere making sure our wine club members are happy! Whether it's at the winery saying hello to all, traveling with Yolanda to pour at events, sipping and chatting with Ben during one of our virtual Happy Hours - she always has a laugh and probably a library tasting selection to share.
We have a great team and are looking forward to spending this amazing weekend with you!