Balsamic Glazed Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken with Strawberry Quinoa Salad
An amazing and elegant dish that comes together in less than 30 minutes. It’s great for a family dinner but also when you have guests and you want to impress them with something quick and simple but also very flavorful.
Ingredients and Directions
Balsamic Pinot Noir Glaze
- ½ Cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp shallot, minced fine
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 2 T. Pinot noir Put all ingredients into a small saucepan and reduce over low heat by half and slightly thickened. Let cool.
- 1 lb. Boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded out into 4 -½ inch cutlets
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 2 large nectarines, pitted and halved or 4 sides cut off
- ¼ Cup shaved or grated Parmesan cheese (Optional: could be brined in 1 Cup water, 2 Tbsp kosher salt and 1 Tbsp sugar for 1 hour; drained)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 Cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste Quinoa Salad
- ½ Cup quinoa
- water or stock
- 2 Cup baby spinach
- ¼ Cup shallots, sliced thin and soaked in 2 Tbsp rice vinegar for 30 minutes
- 1 Pint strawberries, sliced
- ½ Cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ c. sliced almonds Whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, orange juice, mustard and olive oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook quinoa in 1 cup water or stock or per package instructions, around 15-20 minutes. Let cool. Toss in a large bowl with spinach. Should yield just under 2 cups. Add shallots and dressing and let sit for at least 30 minutes. Top with the strawberries, feta cheese and almonds just before serving.
Heat an oven to 400° or pre-heat barbeque to 450°. Season both sides of chicken cutlets with salt and pepper and wrap 2 slices of prosciutto around each. Brush with olive oil. Season cut side of nectarine half with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil too.
Place nectarines cut side down on the grill and cook for 4 minutes until browned and turn over to brown other side and remove from heat. Let cool slightly and cut into 4-5 slices.
Pre-heat your grill to medium-high heat. Season salmon with salt and pepper. Oil grill and put salmon flesh side down for 4-5 minutes. Turnover and brush pomegranate molasses on the flesh side. Cook for another 4-5 minutes and remove from grill. Brush again with pomegranate molasses. Let cool.
Put chicken on a sheet pan a chicken and either bake in the oven for 12-15 or on the hot grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until 165°. Remove from heat. Place chicken breasts on a platter and top with sliced nectarines, Parmesan cheese and drizzle with glaze.
Serve with quinoa salad with spinach, strawberries, pickled shallots, feta cheese and nuts and the 2018 Papapietro Perry Campbell Vineyard Pinot Noir.